Valorant is a game about survival. Players must collect resources to build their base and defend themselves against enemies to survive. With so much on the line, it’s essential to use all your skills as effectively as possible.
It is a strategy game that has been taking the world by storm. It requires quick thinking and an analytical mind to get ahead of your opponent. You can use many strategies when playing Valorant, which this blog post will go over in detail.
1. Warmup: you play a game to warm up your skills before playing a serious game, for example, playing single-player skirmish matches to ensure your macro works well. It also includes learning the basics of the game: the rules, different opponents, and starting strategies. Warmup will help you polish your skills before you face the actual opponent.
2. Learning different strategies: There are many ways to build your base and play the game, which means different compositions of units( or armies) will be different. Knowing various strategies for building your floor will make you more versatile in-game (e.g., knowing what type of unit composition to use to counter a particular opponent’s plan). For example, if your opponent builds a lot of brawlers(infantry), it would be best to construct ranged units to counter them. You also must be practising different strategies that you learn and collect, or You may also opt for valorant coaching to get from the basics to pro player.
3. Watch and observe your opponents: watching what your opponent does and keeping a tally of their resources is very important if you want to beat them. You can try to predict their following actions by looking at which cards they have played recently—for example, a situation where both players are building up their base as usual. Player1 has ten defences, and player2 only has 5. If player one plays another defence card, the chances are that player2 will try and counter with an attack.
4. Cover the corners: Covering the corners ensures that no enemies are sneaking by undetected. It is essential when you’re just starting because it allows you to find and kill all of the creatures in your vicinity before they get close to your base.
5. Armor up: Armor is vital in Valorant, so it’s best to be prepared. An armor can block the most damage when the armor stat of an enemy is higher than that of your own. If you’re able to get armor for free (by killing enemies who drop it), then all the better! You can always go hunting for weaker enemies and kill them to get some extra armor. Just remember: if their base is too strong, it’s not worth your while trying to take them down!
6. Crouch while shooting: If you are low on mana, crouching while shooting can conserve some of your mana by reducing the burst of shots. It is beneficial to face an enemy that uses lots of covers, like walls or trees. Crouching while aiming directly at someone will make it more difficult for them to dodge your attacks. Additionally, crouching while shooting can help your accuracy if you’re trying to hit someone who is moving.
7. Counter strafing: Counter strafing is considered by many to be the most essential and easy skill in all of Valorant. As shown in the image, you can evade enemy fire by moving perpendicularly to their line of sight. However, it is not recommended to do this as soon as they shoot at you, as your shots will come out behind you when moving away. It is when strafing in the direction of their fire comes into play. You can also do this to melee units, but only when they are in their attacking animation. If you time your movement correctly, they won’t hit you with their melee attack. It’s also possible to do this to vehicles just as quickly, but be careful not to bump into them if you’re close.
8. Angle advantage: This is a strategy that you can use on both offence and defence. If you are attacking an enemy, try to position yourself to shoot them without being shot back at. The bigger your angle advantage, the more damage you’ll do before they fire back. On defence, aim yourself so as many players as possible can hit one opponent. The more people shoot at one enemy, the less likely they are to live. Angle advantage doesn’t have to be significant to be effective. Some buildings will give you an angle advantage on enemies below a particular elevation, so knowing which buildings do this would help you decide where best to position your defences.
9. Wall it up: Walls are especially relevant on the Valorant map because it’s almost entirely open space. Players often forget that there are many uses for walls. If you see an area with no cover and too challenging to get around, walls can make a great alternative. Walls can be used as a chokepoint between lanes and create narrow spaces for opponents to get through. They can be used as an alternative if turrets are too difficult to place in certain areas or you’re having trouble getting resources.
10. Game sense: this is the ability to sense what your opponent will do to give you an advantage. When playing Valorant, it’s essential to realize which resources are more popular, various characteristics and features to defeat the enemy.
a. Crosshair placement: In Valorant, it is essential not to miss your shots. Especially with the Heavy Sniper Rifle, every bullet counts! To make sure that you don’t miss a shot, always use crosshair placement when shooting.
b. Holding wide and close: One of the essential tactics in Valorant is holding wide and tight. Comprehensive refers to a corner that is far away from you. Relative refers to a hub next to you (this will be referred to as an inner corner).
c. Defense group: A defence group is a group of players who help each other defend while attacking other groups. When attacking a base with one or multiple members in the defence group, you have to be careful because they will likely shoot at you.
d. Flanking: it is an effective way of approaching your enemy by flanking them. The best time to do this is when your base is close to the enemies, and they have a good portion of their base exposed from all angles.
e. Lurking: A crucial part of lurking is staying hidden from your enemy. When you are lurking, you mustn’t spam attacks on the enemy. You must only attack when there is an excellent opportunity to strike and retreat before they notice your presence.
Conclusion: You can use many strategies in Valorant, which will help you take your opponent by surprise. Strategies polish up your gameplay and help you get clean kills and reward points. Plan and play till you have processes forming in your head as you play.